Anderson Soil & Water Conservation District (ASWCD) strives to educate the citizens of Anderson County on the importance of preserving our natural resources. We are proud to announce ASWCD will award a $1000 scholarship in memory of Mr. Don McPhail an a $1000 scholarship in memory of Mr. Freddy Major. We will choose two (2) Anderson County senior students to receive one award each.
Mr. McPhail and Mr. Major served as a Commissioner on the ASWCD Board and dedicated most of their adult lives to agricultural and conservation programs in Anderson County.
Applicants will be considered with emphasis on the following areas:
- Agricultural background and related activities
- Scholastic achievement
- Financial need
- Extra-curricular activities
Applications are due by March 27, 2020
Please contact Racquel Slaton at the conservation district office at (864) 844-8222 if you need any additional information on the scholarship. Previous recipients can not apply.
South Carolina Soil & Water Conservation Society Scholarship
The scholarship will be presented in accord to the following criteria:
- Recipient must be a resident of South Carolina at time of application.
- Recipient may not receive this scholarship for any two consecutive years.
- Scholarship will be for undergraduate studies.
- Scholarship is available for fields of conservation/natural resources.
- Scholarship is for part time or full time students. (Scholarship amount will not exceed cost of tuition and books)
- Criteria for selection includes:
- Scholarship - Grade Point Average
- Financial Need
- Community Involvement
- Career Goals
- Requirements for application include:
- Application must be typed and postmarked by MARCH 15TH.
- A copy of most recent transcript.
- An essay of 300 words or less responding to: "The Value of This Scholarship To Me." Essay MUST be typed.
- Letters of Recommendation (Max. 3)
Please return application and supporting documents postmarked by March 15th to:
400 Mill Creek Rd
Lexington, SC 29072